Now Hiring - Sr. Director, B2B Marketing & Business Development in Modesto, CA
Sr. Director, B2B Marketing & Business Development in Modesto, CA
Location: Full Time onsite - Modesto, CA - this is not a remote position
Relocation Assistance Provided
The Sr. Director, Marketing & Business Development will be primarily focused on delivering the strategic vision and leading the execution of our G3 Marketing efforts. In addition, the individual will engage in activities as it relates to the continued growth and development of our company’s sales and business development investment efforts. The position will have broad visibility internally as well as externally through engagement efforts with our sales team, customers, and external partners.
Provides strategic direction and influences cross-functionally on Marketing projects and programs. Focuses on ensuring that the organizations strategic vision, goals, and objectives are implemented throughout the organization while driving continuous success. Designs and executes Marketing programs that create demand for organizational products and services, effectively differentiates the organization's offerings in the market, and generates leads. Develops competitive positioning, branding, and corporate messaging strategies for the company's website and across social media platforms. Oversees a department of Marketing professionals responsible for the development and implementation of short and long term marketing campaigns and strategies promoting assigned organizational products and services. Oversees the analysis and interpretation of research to understand the competitive landscape and company positioning.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Develops and leads strategic and compelling marketing strategies which evolve and elevate the G3 brand and ensure the achievement of G3’s business growth initiatives.
- Provides strategic marketing and communications leadership leveraging traditional and new media to continually improve strategies and communications for best impact and engagement.
- Provides leadership and counsel regarding company’s go to market strategy.
- Develops and monitors a variety of analytical and statistical reports to assist with forecasting and gauging success of marketing efforts.
- Ensures marketing and messages are consistent with Brand Marketing standards across all channels and consumer touch points.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors and best-in-class practices.
- Provides leadership and expertise in the Marketing digital strategy, including new products and services.
- Oversees the successful integration of new tools and capabilities that drive multichannel growth.
- Reviews marketing campaigns prior to public release to ensure they are in alignment with company branding strategies and policies.
- Responsible for maximizing marketing activities and investments, evaluating performance, and revising as needed.
- Develops and leverages key partner relationships across industries to elevate the company’s brand performance.
- Provides oversight and guidance on the organization’s participation in special events, conferences, trade shows, etc. to ensure they meet the company’s targeted audiences.
- Establishes performance standards and tracks progress against expectations.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross functionally to improves processes within the organization.
- Identifies and manages external agencies, partners, and media groups to help meet the needs of the brands and the Business Unit.
- Builds a culture of teamwork and accountability.
- Mentors, coaches, develops and manages the marketing team to ensure all goals and strategies can be achieved.
- Responsible for selecting, hiring, training, evaluating and retaining key talent needed to meet business objectives.
- Develops and maintains budget for assigned areas.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental, safety, regulatory, and diversity considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Develops, coaches, and mentors peers, indirect staff, and subordinate staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues that may arise.
- Drive training and professional development efforts to ensure growth and excellence in skills and knowledge.
- Build and ensure highest levels of teamwork and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 12 years of marketing and/or commercial sales experience, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 5 years leadership experience, focused on a high performing marketing team.
- Multi-channel marketing experience.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing marketing analytics to drive revenue.
- A high-level of proficiency with marketing technologies (e.g., Salesforce, Google Analytics, ion interactive, etc.)
- Understands a variety of key audiences / consumer spaces and how to develop and direct key messages toward them.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; excellent editorial skills.
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to convey strategy effectively to colleagues and leadership.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues of all levels and build cross-functional relationships.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously from end to end.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities with comfort.
- Initiative to seek out, identify and understand trends, issues and best practices in creative storytelling, brand management and consumer engagement, and to share with team and key stakeholders
- Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, or public relation.
- Experience marketing well-known brands in the beverage, manufacturing, agriculture, or logistics industries strongly desired.
- Proven track record of successful portfolio management, P&L management, resource allocation and brand management fundamentals.
- Experience with successfully positioning products within highly competitive categories; knowledge of how to synthesize research and information to create compelling marketing and advertising programs.
- Proven track record of success in sizeable companies with +$1B in revenue
- Interest in sustainability strongly desired.
Hiring Salary Range: $186,600-$233,300.
Actual compensation amount paid may be lower or higher to be determined by factors other than race and gender such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
This position includes a competitive benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $186,600.00 - $233,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
501 to 1000 Employees
Consumer Product Manufacturing
$500 million to $1 billion (USD)
2 Yes (amount not posted)
Rate this company
Sign In to rate this company
2 Yes (amount not posted)