Now Hiring - Associate Grain Originator in West Des Moines, IA
Associate Grain Originator in West Des Moines, IA
Must have a sound understanding of the grain industry, excel in sales, and enjoy giving presentations. Meeting and communicating with growers to sell the full range of risk management products as well as originate corn and soybeans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procure corn and soybeans from producer customers.
- Calls on producers, explains programs and markets to promote purchases of grain.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales and purchase contracts for orders obtained.
- Monitor area basis levels.
- Monitor competitiveness for cash grain bids.
- Monitor activity on the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT).
- Assists in the development of and communication of grain policies and programs.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and a friendly atmosphere.
- Must be willing to travel and work at other Heartland Co-op locations/regions.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and commercial insurability at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheets, accounting, and grain software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications are needed.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license and commercial insurability at all times.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and the Ability to adjust focus.
PCP Level: 2
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. Required walking or standing to a significant degree, or requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls.
Thank you, for your interest in Heartland Co-op. Be sure your contact data is current, as further communications with applicants can or may occur by e-mail, text, or phone!
501 to 1000 Employees
$500 million to $1 billion (USD)
6 Yes (amount not posted)
Rate this company
Sign In to rate this company
6 Yes (amount not posted)