Now Hiring - Agriculture Account Manager - Beef Cattle (Feedlot and Cow/Calf) and Dairy in Des Moines, IA
Agriculture Account Manager - Beef Cattle (Feedlot and Cow/Calf) and Dairy in Des Moines, IA
This position is a remote position. The ideal candidate would reside in Eastern South or Eastern North Dakota, Minnesota or Western Iowa.
Responsible for selling and marketing Zinpro products to feed and premix companies, nutritionists, and livestock producers in Western Iowa, Eastern South Dakota, Eastern North Dakota, and Minnesota. The primary sales focus will be beef cattle (Feedlot and Cow/Calf) and dairy, with some equine, show animals, and all other species.
The Northern Prairie Account Manager’s primary responsibility is to maintain, develop, and implement sales and account strategies in accordance with corporate goals of sales growth and profitability.
- Grow sales through enhanced customer relationships and technical knowledge about products and the beef and dairy industry.
- Build multi-level and cross-functional relationships with strategic new customers.
- Provide on-farm support, including specific product knowledge and utilizing practical nutrition and animal management knowledge.
- Retain and expand strong working relationships with large, highly complex, visible, strategic or tactically important customers.
- Build multi-level and cross functional relationships with strategic new customers.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within existing accounts and Zinpro’s business.
- Provide support for customer service issues and coordinate use of company resources to provide value-added services based on a thorough understanding of the customer’s needs.
- Develop and execute annual sales strategies for assigned accounts based on strategic importance, understanding of market/industry trends, and firsthand customer information.
- Prepare presentations/proposals that effectively communicate relevant information for both internal and external discussions.
- Communicate and collaborate with Zinpro’s Product Develop and technical teams to develop strategies for future research and value-added tools for our customers.
- Work in team environment with Sales, Marketing and Product Development to support and maintain responsiveness to customer, collaborate on ideas, and address customer issues and concerns.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the activities and products of the competition. Review and follow market movements, production changes, and industry news and events.
- Represent company at Trade Shows and Association meetings to promote our products.
- Review served market to determine and clarify customer needs/expectations, market pricing, technology advancements or opportunities and report back to within the group with supporting details.
- Maintain monthly sales reports, business growth charts identifying business opportunities and areas of focus for product development.
- Effective and efficient use of Zinpro assets, including; marketing funds, direct expenses, company vehicle and all tools and equipment provided by Zinpro.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Business, preferably Animal Science.
- Minimum of 5 years of feed industry sales
- Thorough understanding of the feed and livestock industry in the designated market.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of business.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Agriculture or Animal Science.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The work environment consists of multiple different environments: standard office, long periods in a motor vehicle, farms, animal producers, manufacturing facilities, and/or at client/customer facilities.
Positions in this class typically require typing, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
This position is expected to work within core business hours and requires participation in after-hours and weekend calls, customer/client events & meetings, and industry events.
The position requires domestic travel, which is approximately 50% travel time.
Competencies and Core Values
Must represent the following skills and qualities that align with Zinpro’s Core Values:
Build Trust: We believe in being purposeful with our words and actions. We work to build trust with customers, vendors, and co-workers through being truthful and fulfilling our commitments. We honor our word and are accountable for our actions.
- Win Together: We believe we can better achieve when we work united, internally and with customers. When we embrace and pool our individual talents, we create a team that’s stronger and smarter than any one individual. We are all bound by the conviction that when we work together, we can realize greater potential.
- Serve Generously: We believe in putting people first, supporting each other’s efforts and treating all with kindness and respect. We work in partnership with customers and ourselves to create opportunities; a win for another is a win for us.
- Always Improve: We believe in what’s right and pursuing continuous growth and improvement for customers, our company and ourselves. Our high expectations drive us to consistently and reliably deliver the highest quality. We work to be better each day.
- Dream Big: We believe advancement starts with an unquenchable curiosity. We embrace the freedom to explore, create and express ideas without the fear of failure. We always learn from each other and our customers, from our successes and our mistakes.
Zinpro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
501 to 1000 Employees
Unknown / Non-Applicable
1 Yes (amount not posted)
Rate this company
Sign In to rate this company
1 Yes (amount not posted)