Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Primarily works within 8:00 am to 5:00 pm times M-F. May be needed before or after hours including Saturday to support department's clients.
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Secure contracts for training and consulting services and products of the Corporate Training Department. Assess training needs. Build and maintain long term relationships with business clients.
1. Propose and develop customized training programs that support the objectives and goals of businesses in the district.
2. Market and promote training services to area businesses, governments and not-for-profit organizations via in-person presentations, phone calls and emails.
3. Develop training proposals and contracts describing all terms and conditions.
4. Implement and coordinate all components of secured contracts, including scheduling, ordering materials, registration form completion, evaluation of program and instructor and customer follow-up.
5. Recruit, interview, hire and evaluate instructors for delivery of assessments and customized training programs.
6. Coordinate the generation of state training grant applications with area businesses.Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Three years experience in business-to-business sales.
3. Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook).
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at: [please apply online] />
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.
PI[please apply online]8