Selling is a matter or persuading, convincing, or influencing. To look and sound like a snazzy salesman, you will need to follow a combination of rule and traits and avoid certain behaviors and appearances.
The Look – Over the top Salesman
- Greased up hair, raised eye-brow and a cheap smile all scream, "I'm a slimy salesman!"
- Avoid flashy body language that is pushy or aggressive in nature. You don't need to put on a show.
- Garish clothing is another trait a good salesman should avoid.
The Nervous Salesman
- A sloppy hair cut and disheveled clothing displays a lack of professionalism.
- A timid and nervous salesperson will always struggle with closing a sale.
- Poor posture and lack of eye-contact will exhibit low confidence.
The Snazzy Salesman
- A great salesman is well groomed and is always considerate of their hygiene.
- A snazzy salesman aligns with their client with a welcoming smile appropriate body language.
- A sales professional wears suitable attire that matches the product they are selling.
The Sound – The Good
- "Hello, I was given your name by our mutual friend Joe. He said you were looking for some assistance, so I thought I'd drop by.
- "Are there any other issues or concerns we have not covered sufficiently?"
- "Do you have a moment to learn about the incredible specials we are offereing?"
The Sound – The Bad
- "I was just in the area and thought I'd drop by."
- "What would I have to do to get you started today?"
- "I have an incredible special I'd like to offer you."